Monday, April 7, 2014

Krang



I’d like to say I was still a kid when I started watching the Ninja Turtles cartoon, but the truth is it was probably my early teens. I started watching the cartoon and reading the comics based on the cartoon before I discovered the original Eastman and Laird comics. The Eastman and Laird books are vastly superior comics but I did enjoy how wacky the cartoon was.

And while Shredder and the Foot Soldiers were kind of cool and bad-assed villains, I always thought that Krang was just ridiculous. A little pink blob living inside a fat, bald and ugly robot. And while part of me thinks they could have at least tried to make Krang’s mechanical body look cool, I kinda like that they didn’t.

My original sketch of Krang turned out well. I wanted to make him look a little meaner than I remembered him looking and I added a fink style tongue just to spice it up a bit.



Colors were pretty easy, just lifted straight from the old cartoon.



This is the painted version. It’s Acrylic on canvas 12 x 16. It looks a bit better in person, one of these days I’m gonna have to get a better camera than the shitty point and click one I have now. I like it but I much prefer the photoshop colored version above. 



The full sized version can be seen on my deviant art page.

No comments:

Post a Comment