Sunday, June 8, 2014

Very Merry Unbirthday Part 3

Well it took a while but I finally got the painting finished, let’s have a look at the final steps.

I finished off the hands of the rabbit and painted in the Mad Hatter character. I also added their clinking tea cups and added the tea splashing out of them. I added some highlights to the characters and the chairs to correspond with the colors of the lanterns. I’m pretty happy with how it looks at this point. The colors are nice and rich.

Now to start tackling the objects on the table. I started out with the stack of cups to the right of the Hatter. I filled them all in with a layer of flat grey and slowly dry brushed them with white until I got the look I wanted. The tea pots were done by starting out with a flat dark color and then building it up with gradually lighter colors. I added the dark outline to the teapots cause I liked how it looked.

And finally it comes to this. Not much to say other than I filled in the rest of the teapots and added the mouse to the one at the bottom. I like how the designs on the teapots look. Overall I’m pretty happy with how it all turned out.

It took about two months to get to the finished product. I’m looking forward to getting started on something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment